Somalilandis Building a nation whose citizens enjoy access to quality health care by improving health care coverage and quality of care to particularly in rural areas.
- Reduction of both child and maternal mortality rates and the incidence of non-communicable diseases such as; cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, diabetes and cancer
- Expansion of health service coverage through the construction and establishment of basic health-care facilities in rural areas
- Improving regional referral hospitals through construction and upgrading
- Assessment of Human resource needs and development of human resource development strategy
- Development of continuous professional development programs for all cadres, including on-the-job training
- Construction/rehabilitation of medical stores in the regions and districts
- Establishment of quality control system to ensure the quality of all drugs, food, and chemicals
- Improving access to nutrition counselling for pregnant and lactating women through health services and community-based structures.
More info: mohd.govsomaliland.org