Re-opening of nurseries
On 27 August 2020, Ministry of Education and National Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) announced that nurseries and childcare centres can re-open after they gain approval from the relevant authorities on the condition of undertaking all precautionary and preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
NCEMA tweeted national guidelines that all nurseries must apply to ensure the health and safety of children and staff. Guidelines include:
- checking temperature of staff and children
- regulating the movement of staff and parents' entry
- regularly monitoring the health status of children
- ensuring that all staff take a mandatory COVID-19 test every two weeks
- maintaining a physical distance of 1.5 metres
- allowing the presence of only one group of children in a maximum of 3.5 square metres
- separating children by age group and determining the maximum size for each one
- sterilizing toys and games and banning sharing amongst children’s groups.
In addition, parents should provide their children with meals.